Where can you buy our beef? (Like us on Facebook to stay informed!)
Otter, MT – At our ranch! Our freezers are never empty and our door is always open. Call ahead for directions, bring your fencing gloves, savor a burger, and take home meat for your freezer. We typically host an annual summer Ranch Tour. Like us on Facebook to find out the date!
Markets – We routinely load up our freezer and bring beef and other local products to area Farmers Markets. We have participated in the Sheridan Farmers Market since 2010 and consider this our home market! Also look for us at the Yellowstone Valley Farmers Market in Billings, MT. Visit our Facebook page for up-to-date locations.
Delivery – Most of our beef is sold in Bulk as described on the Products page. We usually arrange a pickup time and place for several customers to come get their beef for the year. Most customers have a freezer and plan for one year’s worth of beef. We offer free deliver to Sheridan, WY, Billings, MT, and Miles City, MT. We deliver to Denver, CO, at cost annually and are willing to arrange delivery to other areas at our cost. Cow Sharing with friends and families keeps our premium beef very reasonably priced!
Links of Interest
thesagebrushsea.com – Wonderful blog of ranch life
Audubon Certified Bird Friendly Conservation Ranching link
Certified Grassfed by A Greener World
EatWild.com – Excellent source of information about the environmental, health, farmer, and animal benefits to eating pastured meats.
LocalHarvest.org – See what is available in your neck of the woods
MichaelPollan.com – All of his books are interesting
vintagetradition.com – Wonderful balm plus they buy tallow from us (AFFILIATE! Check it out. :o)
Same advantage for you as with the regular balm.
When you purchase LOHOF Grass-Finished MEAT, you:
- Pay a Montana ranch family for the work we do. The price of our meat is based on the cost of land, fuel, processing, and local hay.
- Keep a small USDA slaughterhouse in Montana open and busy. Four huge international meatpacking corporations process over 80% of the beef sold in the USA. This consolidation reduces the price farmers and ranchers receive. http://documents.foodandwaterwatch.org/doc/BeefConcentration.pdf
- Preserve native rangeland, soil health, plant diversity, and clean water.
- Protect Sage Grouse habitat and keep the grouse off the endangered species list. http://www.sagegrouseinitiative.com
- Reduce the number of animals that are sold into the commodity feedlot system.
- Put people to work on the ranch land and continue a unique way of life. The American family farmer is a vanishing breed with fewer than 1% of the population claiming farming as a primary occupation and the average age being 57. http://www.epa.gov/oecaagct/ag101/demographics.html
- Preserve wildlife habitat and corridors.
- Eat sustainably for you, the land, and the animal.
- Can enjoy world-class taste AND health from meat that is uniquely slow-grown and dry-aged.
- Contribute to our entire community, helping to keep some of the most rural schools, churches, and post offices open!